Thursday, December 27, 2018

Healthy You

Health means something different to everyone.  To some it means being thin, to others it means being strong.  To some it means drinking more water and to some it means drinking less wine  No matter what version of you 'healthy' you choose my biggest tip to you is to do it in moderation.


If you want to lose weight, start with a target of 5 pounds.

If you want to be strong, commit to attending 1 lift class a week.

More water? Fill a bottle and put it at your desk each morning that you will drink by the end of the day.

Less Wine?  Maybe I'm not the person to ask.

The whole point is that if you set a goal to be healthier, set a small goal that is attainable, not one that is so overwhelming that you are going to quit before you've even started.

Here is a list of goals that I've set over the years to be more healthy:

1.  No sweetener in my coffee.
2. One sugary latte a week
3. Exercise 3 times a week
4. Only fruit and veggies after dinner
5. Eat of a smaller plate to control food portions

These are only a few of the small attainable goals that I set for myself that managed to keep over the years.  For the record, I didn't do them all at the same time.

I also think it is important to reward yourself.  Survived the first week?  Buy a new shirt or that book you've been wanting to read.  I'm not saying you should do this every week but you should recognize your accomplishment along the way and your success in leading a healthier lifestyle.

YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Do you have a favorite health tip?  Link up below and tell us how you stay healthy!
Pregnant? Click Here to learn about pregnancy safe skincare!


Post a Comment

On the Instagram

© tbb. Design by FCD.